Admission through Online Counseling
There will be online counseling only. The candidates declared qualified for counseling for the consideration of admission to the Agricultural Universities would be generally larger than the number of seats available, provided they have achieved a minimum of 50% marks for General and UPS categories and a minimum of 40% marks for SC/ST/PC categories in the Entrance examination. For OBC, it will be as per Supreme Court directives in this regard. The competent authority (DDG, Agril. Edn.) may relax the minimum qualifying marks in case the required number of candidates to be called for counseling are not available.
The Tentative online counseling process would involve:
- For Online Counseling, qualified candidate will have to get registered by paying Rs.2,000/ through online payment gateway of ICAR by using Credit/Debit card/Net banking.
- Only notified candidate will be able to log on to online counseling page. He /she will be able to access the website from any place of his / her convenience like Mobile / home / office etc.
- If candidate does not remember his / her login ID and password then the login ID / password will be recoverable by input of some personal parameters.
- Details of available seat matrix (with reservation category), eligibility requirements, process of Online counseling, helpline numbers etc., will be available on the home page of the portal. Some other parameters related to accredited universities like their course fee, date of registration, hostel facility, etc., will be displayed to facilitate the candidates.
- The candidates notified for counseling after the entrance examination under different categories shall be permitted to make choice of Courses / University in stipulated time period.
- Only those accredited programme shall be displayed whose eligibility qualification is fulfilled by the candidate. Similarly, list of only those Universities will be displayed where the accredited programme desired by the candidate is offered.
- Candidate will be able to select the courses and university one by one in combination to select multiple choices for the courses. There will be provisions to add / modify / delete choices during the stipulated time period. Further, provision for interchange/ upward movement/ downward movement will also be available and permissible any number of times.
- The procedure for exercising choices or seeking other information will be menu-driven and guide the candidates through appropriate messages on the computer screen.
- After completion of choice selection, the candidate will save the choices. He/ she will be able to take a draft printout with lock status so that he/ she can discuss the choices filled-with his/her mentors and update the same, if desired.
- Candidate can update his/ her choices any number of times before the last date/until the choices are locked by the candidate. If by the last date and time, the choices are not locked by the candidate, then the last saved choices will be automatically locked.
- Login IDs will be provided to all the accredited AUs so that they can login through their login ID and password. The Universities should be able to see the number and details of candidates who have chosen a particular course as their first / second / third choice etc.
- The locked choices shall be processed according to merit and available seats on a scheduled date for the allotment of seats. The candidates will be intimated through e-mail/SMS about the University and Course allotted. The list of allotted candidates will be updated in the relevant database.
- The candidates then will download the provisional allotment letter in PDF format from the portal.
- For admission, the successful candidates will report to the allotted University. The University will check online details of provisional admission offer (from ICAR) downloadable by the candidates for verification. After checking the original documents of the candidates, the university will issue the final admission letter online to the admitted candidates. If admission is given, then final admission letter will be generated. If admission is denied, then a regret letter will be generated and all such letters will be in pdf format and ready to print.
- Subsequent round of online counseling will be conducted immediately after the reporting is complete. The Auto-up-gradation requests to be first tried to give them their better choice. Then the next round shall be started.
- Thereafter, the same process for subsequent rounds of counseling will be followed.
- Candidate, not fulfilling the eligibility condition(s) at the time of admission in the allotted university, will forfeit claim for admission and will not be considered for seat allocation. Candidature in such cases shall be rejected summarily. No correspondence shall be entertained thereafter in this regard.
- Against total number of ICAR seats available for a particular degree programme in a university, not more than 40% of ICAR seats from one State would be allocated to any one university in that subject under a particular category. While computing 40% number, mathematical method of rounding to the nearest integer would be adopted except where there is only one seat, in which case, the whole seat would be allocated. While rounding off, the number might exceed 40% to that extent.
- It should be noted carefully that ICAR allocates the University, whereas the choice of the accredited College within the University allotted shall be regulated by the University itself. The university will admit and place the candidates in accredited colleges and programmes only. Candidate may not approach ICAR, thereafter, for any specific College within the allotted University.
- In case a candidate has been admitted in a university and subject after the counseling, any request for change/transfer of subject/university thereafter, will not be entertained by ICAR. The candidate, once admitted in a degree programme as per his/her merit-rank and availability of seat at the time of counseling, will not stake claim for change of subject/University later on after his/her admission is over.
- All admitted candidates will be required to submit original certificates and mark sheets to the Registrar of the allotted University, otherwise admission may not be granted. All original certificates submitted by the candidates may be sent to their respective Boards for verification. In case a candidate wishes to withdraw the original certificates after the admission, he/she shall directly request the allotted University for the same if the university rules permit so.
- If any candidate fails to deposit the prescribed admission fee and original certificates as required by the university, the admission may not be granted and candidate would forfeit his/her claim for admission.
- In case any particular Board/ college/university is not recognized or has been derecognized by some university/UGC/VCI, ICAR will not be responsible for admitting students of that Board/ college/university in the universities not willing to admit such candidates.
Registration and admission fee
- For online counseling, candidates will be charged one-time registration fee of Rs. 2,000/- by the ICAR which will be non-refundable to the candidates. The University, at the time of final admission, shall charge the admission fee as applicable at the AU minus Rs. 2,000/- from the allotted candidate. The University shall send a list of admitted candidates to ICAR with the request along with RTGS details (Name of beneficiary, Name of Bank Branch, Bank A/c No., IFSC Code) to transfer Rs.2000/- to the University account for the adjustment against the admission fee of the admitted candidates.
- If candidate opted for an Auto Upgradation, no need to visit the University and deposit admission fee, he/she has to wait for next round counselling result.
- In case, after depositing the admission fee at the AU, the candidate wants to forego his admission due to any other reasons, in such cases, the refund policy of the admitting university would prevail.
Candidates who will not get their First Choice may opt for Auto Upgradation (In case of Multiple choices). Auto up-gradation will be permitted only up to last but one round of online counseling. Candidates who applied for Auto Upgrade need not to report to university. If the candidate does not get a better seat in auto up-gradation then his/her previous seat allotment will remain unchanged.